Tuesday, June 2, 2015

SMART PHONE'S ERA


MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE USING SMART PHONES

Hi all. This is me sharing my insight on the world of smart phones based on my own experiences. The Huuu Haaa of the world of smart phones basically started back then in the early 2000 with the introduction of the Blackberry, the Nokia collection of palm top and so on. At the early stages, smart phones were not used widely. Only business people in the industry started to use it. Whether they really use it for the function or just a style statement … let’s just leave it to them. J
Let’s face it, the real deal of smart phones stated with the introduction of the world first ios Iphone by Steve Jobs (the brain behind Apple).

  FIRST VERSION OF THE IPHONE


                                         

While, let’s agree that the first version of iphone lacked so many feature yet the design and screen was all that matters. We can actually open or view a full website on the iPhone. When it first reaches the shore of Malaysia, the price was really significant high. I still remember that I had to drive up to Singapore to view it as they launch it in Singapore first before entering Malaysia market.
To my surprise, I didn’t buy it after holding and playing with the camera function. Haha.. I was amazed with the camera function compared to what I was using at the moment, the Nokia E75. I kind of miss the phone.

NOKIA E 75

                                                         
After the introduction of the World famous Iphone, competitors stated to come into the market. That’s where the revolutionary of Android hit the World. I still think many of the consumers do not know that actually, HTC Dream was the first smart phones that run on the Android platform.
                                        
HTD DREAM

It was on the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S at Lowyat Plaza in Kuala Lumpur that catches me to buy one for myself. Actually, my wife (Puan Nur Aizah Binti Mohd Naim) bought it for me as one of the gifts for my engagement with her. She was an Iphone user back then before changing to Samsung. J


SAMSUNG GALAXY S


I was straight away attached to the phone. Everywhere I go, the Galaxy S will be with me. I still remember the day I open the box of my new phone. I was a kid again. It’s like a new toy that is waiting to be explored. Android was still new to me so I started googling on what apps to install in it. (NOT WHATSAPP- they haven launch the apps yet)
Make a guess. The social media craze, Facebook and Instagram was the first apps I downloaded from the Playstore. Then I downloaded all the camera and editing apps for the phone.
I use the phone for quite some time before changing to the HTC Desire HD that I bought in Orchard Road, Singapore because it was not launch yet in Malaysia.



THE HTC DESIRE HD

Based on my personal experience, smart phones become a must when they stated introducing WHATSAPP. Free texting apps that could be used to text to anyone in the telecommunication world. Android, Blackberry and IOS uses WHATSAPP as one of their apps.
Everyone started to text their friends on the smart phone, imagine MIRC on the phone. Where you could start a group with your friends and chat in a private channel with the. WHATSAPP was indeed a revolutionary app for the telecommunication industry. Many similar apps started to enter the Android market but failed to acquire such huge user as WHATSAPP.
The funny things, is that nowadays, if you go out with friends and chill over a cup of coffee everyone will start to take their smart phone out and start texting to their cyber friends. The smart phones have killed the traditional chilling experience.
As a conclusion: smart phones are a great companion, yet always remember, human touch and family is always important. Keep your phone during visiting (beside snapping picture) on Celebrations.
Ps: Still am using my Samsung Galaxy S III J

SAMSUNG GALAXY S III





No comments:

Post a Comment