Tuesday, June 2, 2015

GOLFING UNDER THE ROOF



http://www.citygolf.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20131213_152405.jpg



I started the game of Golf since I was a kid, around the age of 11 years old. How did I started? i was a sport addict since I was in my primary days. I played football until state level, played tennis also state level and, volleyball until my University days.

When I was in standard 5, I started to pick up hockey and cricket. To my surprise, i got selected for the school team. As I reach home and told my parents, my father was not fond of me paying the two sports as he sees it as dangerous. He asked me to focus on my football instead. That same evening, he brought me to this local sport shop in Johor Bahru and bought me a new pair of boots. I was excited and agreed to his term to play football.

Suddenly, on a fine evening, my father came back from work and told me that he has enrolled me for a junior golf program in Royal Johor Country Club now known as Johor Golf Country Club. As a kid, I was like, is this for real. I did not have any enthusiasm at that moment but I told myself. Let’s give it a try.  So the next Saturday morning my parents drove me to the gold club for the program. I was so happy that I was not alone. They are a few of my school friends that also enrol in the same program. Now, im not alone. 

And the first session started with a big breakfast among ourselves and parents. The next round was the walkabout on the course. The club pro and the other committee brought us along the clubs and explain on the rules and regulation of the game.

Honestly, the first time I stood at the tee box, I was really happy to know more about the sports. At the driving range, we were given unlimited balls to practice. I was straight away addicted  to it.
And until today, golf has always be my number one sports.




Recently, I tried indoor golf. This is where the new experience starts. We always see big star playing on the elite golf course of the world. And I have always wanted to try to have a round of gold at those clubs.

With the indoor golf by Citygolf in Bangsar Shooping Center (BSC) I have manage to fulfil my dream to have an experience playing in the international golf course. With the highlights of St. Andrew and other 50 international courses.

You can find three large Full Swing Golf Simulators installed in the premises that runs on accurate E6 software. Its 3D is really awesome. It is a whole indoor golf system that is powered by a big powerful machine behind it. The System is so intelligent that it can capture all the motion of the swing and calculate the loft and the distance of the shoot. That’s what technology can do to us. A whole new concept.

Honestly, it’s quite fun, with half the cost and a cold temperature room. What more to asked.
For a game of 18 holes, basically, u need about two hours and a half to finish the course with four players. You can also play individually actually.

And if indoor golf has hooked you up, join the membership. Its only RM2220, and u be entitle to play unlimited rounds for every day. But for me, I still wans to have the feeling to strategize my game on the real grass.

Nevertheless, I will come back and try other courses in the list. Want to join me?
Drop a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment